Towerhill Chiropractic is committed to ensuring the highest standards of safety at
all times, but even more so during COVID-19. Below is an in depth list of the various
levels of precautions we are taking at this time.
All patients, visitors and staff must answer NO to ALL the following questions to
be allowed at any of the clinics:
1. Do you have a fever, cough or any flu/cold-like symptoms or generally feeling
2. Have you travelled outside of Canada in last 14 days?
3. Is there any chance you’ve been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or
any flu/cold like symptoms?
4. Has anyone in your household or you’ve had close contact with travelled
anywhere outside of Canada in last 14 days?
If YES is answered to any of the above questions, that individual cannot come to
any of our clinics for a minimum of 14 days.
CLINIC AND STAFF GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
1. Only ONE practitioner at each location at any given time.
2. NO walk-in patients are to be accepted at this time.
3. Those patients need to call the clinic and be screened appropriately.
4. Practitioners can book appointment for EXISTING patients, but must follow
COVID-19 ADMINISTRATIVE SCREENING QUESTIONS procedure
5. Practitioners will NOT shake hands with patients.
6. Where possible, practitioner treatments should be those that incorporate social
distancing. Using modalities and/or guided exercises should be preferred. Close
contact and/or manual care should be avoided and if required should be done with
the greatest caution.
7. Practitioners and patients should always direct their faces in opposite
directions. Even during speaking.
8. Practitioners will have available to them gloves and surgical masks to be used at
their discretion. Gloves will be discarded after one patient use. One mask is
sufficient for the practitioners shift, especially due to world shortages. Practitioners
are NOT to touch the filter of the mask.
9. SANITIZATION PROCEDURES BETWEEN PATIENTS:
a. Practitioner will immediately clean any area used with the patient with
disinfected wipes or sprays. This includes any equipment, treatment tables,
door handles and any other item used.
b. Hand sanitizer should then be applied.
10. Practitioner schedules are limited and shortened and thus it is strongly advised
that they DO NOT bring food to the clinic and that they eat before or after their
11. Practitioners are required to wear a set of clean clothes during their shift. They
must change out of those clothes at the end of the shift for commute home and
clothing worn during their shift is to be washed and not reused.
12. Practitioners should not go anywhere after their shift besides to their homes.
13. They are strongly encouraged to shower immediately upon arrival at home.
14. SANITIZATION PROCEDURES DURING THE DAY AND END OF DAY
a. Deep clean all other areas of the clinic that are “traffic areas”. This includes
reception desk, washrooms and other clinic areas.
b. End of day deep clean over and above COVID-19 protocol of treatment area
used throughout the shift.
c. Cleaning is to be done with disinfectant wipes and/or sprays.
PATIENT GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
1. Patients only will be allowed access to the clinic. If someone has accompanied
them they will need to wait outside of the clinic.
2. Patients should limit the number of items brought into the clinic to bare
Patients will be required to use hand sanitizer on all areas of hands and wrist
before being moved to treatment area.
4. Patients should not touch their faces during their appointments.
5. If patients need to cough or sneeze at any point, they are to advise the
practitioner as soon as possible and direct it into a tissue or their sleeve at the
elbow. They will then be required to sanitize again.
6. Unless it is an absolute emergency we ask patients not to use our washroom
7. Patients should at no time even during speaking, direct their faces towards
practitioners, but instead away from them.